Key Features & Benefits
- Outstanding control of soil-borne diseases
- Stronger and enhanced root growth
- Consistent performance
- Faster plant development
- Fusarium species such as F. oxysporum and F. solani
- Phytophthora species such as P. cinnamomi
- P. nicotianae, P. parasitica
- Pythium species such as P. aphanidermatum
- P. irregulare, P. myriotylum
- Rhizoctonia spp. such as R. solani
Keys to Success
When applying Empress Intrinsic brand fungicide for control of root and crown rots in ornamental plants or at transplanting any time during production:
- All applications should be made as preventative drench fungicide treatments.
- Make application by directing the spray volume to the soil to provide thorough wetting of the soil surface and movement into the container. Normal drench conditions should be followed at time of application; soil will be adequately irrigated prior to treatment. The drench application should not be made to dry media.
- As a drench application, the ornamental plants should already have an initiated root system â€” such as plug annuals that have roots and first true leaves or rooted liners that have first true roots. This product is not intended to be used on unrooted cuttings.
- A short irrigation event can be made directly following the drench application to move the product from any leaf surfaces into the soil media. However, any irrigation of long duration should not occur for several hours so as to not dilute the concentration of the fungicide in media surrounding roots.
- For resistance management of Empress Intrinsic brand fungicide do not make more than two sequential applications; then rotate to a product with a different mode of action from Group 11 before use of Empress Intrinsic brand fungicide again.
For more information on plant health and BASF Professional Turf & Ornamentals, visit IntrinsicPlantHealth.com.
Always read and follow label directions.